Garage Door Track Repair in Lake Worth, Florida
Garage door tracks hold and guide the rollers on a garage door, providing a smooth path for the garage door as it opens and closes. If your garage door suddenly malfunctions or comes off its tracks, stop using it right away and call for garage door track repair in Lake Worth, Florida. It can be very dangerous to keep operating the door when the tracks are damaged or misaligned, as they support a considerable amount of weight.
When to repair or replace garage door tracks
You may not realize it, but your garage door tracks are often damaged because another part of the garage door mechanism has malfunctioned. Here are a few common causes of garage door track damage:
- Roller displacement or defacement. When the roller stems aren’t properly lubricated, they become inflexible. This will slowly cause the lower portion of the tracks to bend.
- Broken cable and cable drum connection. If the cable or connection suddenly breaks, your door will likely shift sideways, resulting in a bent track.
- Metal fatigue. Since the tracks bear the weight of the garage door, the repeated opening and closing puts stress on the tracks, and in time, they must be replaced.
- Decayed footings or jamb. This will cause the tracks to shift and become misaligned.
- Structural shifting. A house and its foundation will shift over time. Naturally, this affects the garage door and all its parts.
Why to call for help
While many handy folks try to repair garage door tracks on their own, it’s not something we’d recommend. A garage door can weigh in excess of 500 pounds, and much of that weight is borne by the garage door tracks. Attempting to repair or replace tracks on your own without the right tools and training can be very dangerous.
Keep yourself and your family safe by calling for professional garage door track repair in Lake Worth. We’ll get the job done right, and we’ll get it done efficiently so you can focus on the important things.
If you need garage door track repair in Lake Worth, Florida, and you need it fast, look no further than JHowen Doors. Give us a call at 561-856-5081, and we’ll be there right away to help you out.